Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spring has Sprung

Well... its been ages since I decided to update.  Winter doldrums, perhaps?  I realize reading back on old posts that though the day to day may seem benign, I really enjoyed reading about the "mundane".  So we fast forward through January, February, March and April... Wow!  For the record we have had hand surgery and some time in a train cast.  We traveled back to Florida for a long weekend and dealt with a nasty stomach virus.  We enjoyed visits from Grandmama and Granddaddy twice, Aunt Gretchen & Uncle Charles once, Grandma and Grandpa Tim came to visit as well.  We stuck pretty close to home and tried to survive a chilly winter.  

Sam has come to love his daycare.  We call it school.  He loves to name all the friends in his class. He goes to school with "Dabby" (Gabby), "Tawa" (Carla), "Oh-doud" (Yonald), "Dames" (James), "Ee-ya" (Leila), "Ahdoo" (Andrew) & "Fawa" (Sarah).  His teachers are "Choup" (Sue), "Won" (Ron) & "Darchee" (Darcy).  He loves them all very much and talks about them incessantly.  Some of his other best buds are "Choo-chee" (Lucy), "Mows" (Miles), "Beff" (Beth) and "Fawah" (Sara), "Weece" (Reece) & "Aawon" (Aaron).  

We had been poking along in vocabulary and then one day, we started talking.  And talking... And talking.  I gave up writing down the words.  We're doing two-three word phrases and it cracks me up.  I love hearing what words come out on any given day.

Sam did great in his hand surgery in January and has been plugging along in OT since his cast came off in early February.  Mostly Sam is too creative and stubborn to follow through with his prescribed therapies.  He can get out of any adaptive equipment the OT fashions!

We are LOVING spring around here these days.  We loved the stretch of hot weather about a week ago.  I'm thinking we'll be spending most of the summer outside.  We are going in with the neighbors and have purchased quite the swingset for the kids.  Hopefully they will actually use it!  The plan is while the kids are playing the parents (Dave and I) will be able to get some good yard work done.  I have attempted to convert my black thumb into at least a slightly green one.  We have a good patch of garden space waiting for some veggies.  When I realized I could grow a head of lettuce for less than a penny, I was enticed!  Perhaps my little helper will become interested as time goes on.

So we are steaming ahead towards TWO around here.  We're looking forward to exciting times in the next few months.  Aunt Nan is coming to visit soon.  We are going to head to NYC for the weekend in a few weeks.  In June we'll be going to San Francisco for a wedding closely followed up with another trip to NYC so Daddy can go to the US Open (golf).  In July we'll head back to the beach for another family vacation.  Whew.  

In the interim we hope to fill our time with backyard play, trips to the park, swims in the town pool and lots of get togethers with our friends.  I think we're going to have a fun summer!

I plan not to take a 4 month blogging hiatus.  Too much happens to not record it somewhere.  I can't believe how much the little dude has changed since December.  Or since last week, for that matter.  Here's to hoping...

1 comment:

Karen said...

Ok, so I had to reread that last paragraph carefully. I saw "we are looking towards TWO" and read it incorrectly. Phew, you did mean two years old, right?!!